PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Ibotta Hacks: Saving Money on Groceries





Wednesdays are Grocery Days

I am a divorced mom, living on a teacher salary and I feed 2 wild animals every day. Ok, maybe they aren't wild animals, but my teen boys definitely eat meat like they are wild animals. Therefore, I try to meal plan and grocery shop around weekly sales. Saving money is a necessity and I simply do not have the budget to buy all the food my boys without saving as much money as possible.



Harris Teeter and Walmart

I am full-time teacher, I tutor after school, my boys are in full-time sports and time is limited. Therefore, I only shop at Harris Teeter and Walmart and use coupons and ibotta regularly.

Back in the day, when I was a married, stay at home mom I would lug both boys around to every grocery store around with my big 'ole binder of coupons and probably spend hours shopping just for the best deals and biggest stockpiles. (Oh, the piles of free toilet paper, toothpaste, and shampoo!) Once at Kroger, I purchased 100.00 worth of groceries and my bill was FREE. I was very proud of that accomplishment, but so glad those days are over! Stockpiling is a fad of the past. I can save just as much money shopping week by week and it is so much easier!

Time is precious. I can get all the deals I need at Harris Teeter and Walmart. The trick is to watch Harris Teeter's weekly specials and use coupons stacked with ibotta .

I do all of my meat and fruits and veggie shopping there and any other buy2get3 sales they are offering that week. Everything else I go to Walmart for and typically stick to Great Value brands.

Using Coupons and Ibotta



There are so many grocery apps out there and I know many people use multiple apps. I have tried a lot of them but I love ibotta the best. It is the only app I use because I find it too time consuming to use more than one.

Simply download the ibotta app here , add your offers, shop, scan receipts into the app, and collect money! Once you have 20.00 in your account you can transfer the money directly to your PayPal account!

My favorite savings are the recurring .25 off any item and of course any item that I can also stack with a coupon. (These items generally end up being free or nearly free!)

***HOT TIP: Save your receipts for a week. The .25 rebate from any item is recurring and a lot of times items will be added and you can still use your receipt up to a week later.***

Ibotta also runs bonuses so you can earn extra money. You get a 10.00 bonus right now just for signing up and if you have found my blog post useful in any way and use my referral link I get a 5.00 cash bonus for everyone that signs up! (You will get your own referral link to refer friends and get the bonus when you sign up too.) Who doesn't love free money or helping others earn free money??

See my blog post here about how I also book free airfare with Southwest .

No comments: